So summer has been very busy in the Albert household! Maya is learning more and more everyday. She loves to sing all of the nursery rhymes. We love just letting her fill in the missing word at the end of a line. Her hair is growing in thick finally! Although Ben and I aren't quite sure what to do with it.
We got to have a wonderful visit with 2 of our nephews as they came up to go to football camp at the University of Delaware. Justin and Jordan stayed with us all week, and Maya loved it. More people to play with, read a book to her, etc. I think the boys had a good time too! They played Wii everyday and went outside to play football, basketball, and wiffleball every evening with some kids in the neighborhood.
I am finally done with the Delaware Writing Project. It was a lot of work - but I learned a great deal about writing with young children. I am going to get to present a workshop on writing to the teachers I work with in the fall. I am finishing up children's lit and then I will be done!! I can't wait - it seems I have been going to school for forever. With Maya and another one on the way, I couldn't be done at a better time.
Ben wrapped another successful Team Camp. he had 120 campers and everything went relatively smooth. It is a lot of hard work though and Ben is definitely glad it is over. he is getting ready to start camp. The players report in a week - and then his real busy season begins. Maya and I always get spoiled every summer as we get lots of time together as a whole family. It is hard to transition back to football season. Here are some pictures from the summer. Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment